Large investment projects, market expansion and diversity of its product range will drive the development of the Monbat Economic Group.
On 27.09.2017, at "Investor and Media Day" in Grand Hotel Sofia Atanas Bobokov, Chief Executive Officer, and Peter Bozadjiev, Executive Director, revealed more about the development of the economic group. Among the key advantages that are driving the group’s success are:
- vertical integration of the business in the group driving strong operational performance
- successful combination of the on-going quality improvement, active acquisitions and strategic investment planning
“Over the next five years we expect additional positive developments at Monbat. This will stem from natural growth, a scaling up of its business and diversification – niche diversification in its Recylcing division and focused product diversification with lithium-ion high power batteries and systems” said Atanas Bobokov, Chief Executive Officer
The management of the economic group explained the current activities and status-quo of its three big acquisition projects this year:
- the Tunisian based ASSAD, vertically integrated group for manufacturing of lead-acid batteries, operating in North Africa, is in due dilignece process
- the acquisition of Piombifera Italiana – one of the three biggest recycling companies in Italy
- the two German companies acquired in June this year: GAIA Akkumulatorenwerke GmbH (“GAIA”), one of the leading German companies for lithium-ion technology and EAS Germany GmbH (“EAS”) were augmented in the structure of EAS Batteries GmbH.